18650 lithium battery overview
18650 is the originator of lithium-ion battery--a standard lithium-ion battery model that Japan SONY Company set in order to save cost. Among them, 18 means diameter 18mm, 65 means length is 65mm, 0 means cylindrical battery.
18650 lithium battery advantages and disadvantages
1, the capacity of large 18650 lithium battery capacity is generally between 1200mah ~ 3600mah, and the general battery capacity is only about 800mah, if combined into a 18650 lithium battery pack, then 18650 lithium battery pack can easily break through 5000mah.
2, long life 18650 lithium battery has a long service life, the cycle life can reach more than 500 times in normal use, more than twice the average battery.
3, high security 18650 lithium battery safety performance, no explosion, no burning; non-toxic, non-polluting, after RoHS trademark certification; all kinds of safety performance in one go, the number of cycles is greater than 500 times; high temperature performance, 65 degrees The discharge efficiency is up to 100%. In order to prevent battery short circuit, the positive and negative poles of the 18650 lithium battery are separated. So the possibility of its short circuit has been reduced to the extreme. A protective plate can be added to prevent the battery from overcharging and over-discharging, which also extends the battery life.
4, high voltage 18650 lithium battery voltage is generally 3.6V, 3.8V and 4.2V, much higher than the nickel-cadmium and nickel-hydrogen battery 1.2V voltage.
5, no memory effect, do not have to empty the remaining power before charging, easy to use.
6. The internal resistance is small: the internal resistance of the polymer battery is smaller than that of the general liquid battery. The internal resistance of the domestic polymer battery can even be less than 35mΩ, which greatly reduces the self-consumption of the battery and prolongs the standby of the mobile phone. Time can fully reach the level of international standards. This polymer lithium battery that supports large discharge currents is an ideal choice for remote control models and is the most promising alternative to nickel-metal hydride batteries.
7. It can be combined into 18650 lithium battery packs in series or in parallel.
8, the use of a wide range of notebook computers, walkie-talkies, portable DVD, instrumentation, audio equipment, aircraft models, toys, cameras, digital cameras and other electronic equipment.
1, the biggest disadvantage of the 18650 lithium battery is that his volume has been fixed, it is not very well positioned when installed in some notebooks or some products, of course, this shortcoming can also be said to be an advantage, which is relative to other polymer lithium batteries, etc. This is a disadvantage in terms of the customizable and convertible size of lithium batteries. It is an advantage over some products with specified battery specifications.
2, 18650 lithium battery is prone to short circuit or explosion, it is also relative to the polymer lithium battery, if compared with the average battery, this shortcoming is not so obvious.
3, 18650 lithium battery production needs to have a protection circuit to prevent the battery from being overcharged and causing discharge. Of course, this is a must for lithium batteries, which is also a disadvantage of lithium batteries, because the materials used in lithium batteries are basically lithium cobalt oxide materials, and lithium batteries of lithium cobalt oxide materials can not discharge at high current, safety Poor.
4, 18650 lithium battery production requirements are high, compared to the general battery production, 18650 lithium battery requirements for production conditions, which undoubtedly increased production costs.
18650 lithium battery use
The 18650 battery life theory is cyclic charging 1000 times. Due to the large capacity per unit density, most of them are used in laptop batteries. In addition, the stability of the 18650 is very good at work. It is widely used in various electronic fields: it is often used in high-end glare flashlights. Power supply, wireless data transmitter, electric heating clothing, shoes, portable instrumentation, portable lighting equipment, portable printers, industrial equipment, medical equipment, etc.
18650 lithium battery is a few batteries
The 18650 is not a few batteries, but an A-type battery, 18mm in diameter, usually lithium battery. The third battery refers to a C-type battery with a diameter of 26 mm. The No. 5 battery (ie, AA) is one of the types of batteries, and generally refers to a size of 14 mm in diameter and 49 mm in height.
The 18650 in the 18650 lithium battery represents several dimensions: 18 refers to the battery diameter of 18.0mm, and 650 refers to the battery height of 65.0mm. Common 18650 batteries are divided into lithium ion batteries, lithium iron phosphate and nickel hydrogen batteries.
What is the difference between the 18650 battery and the fifth battery?
1. Different sizes. Although the 18650 and 5 batteries look a bit like, the size of the two is actually different. The size of the 18650 lithium battery is 18 mm in diameter and 65 mm in length; and the 5th battery (in fact, the scientific name of the 5th battery is 14500) The rule is 14 mm in diameter and 50 mm in length. The 18650 is much larger in length or diameter than the No. 5 battery.
2. The voltage is different. The voltage of a lithium battery is generally around 3.5 to 4.0V, the most common being 3.7V; and the voltage of the fifth battery is 1.5V (non-rechargeable) or 1.2V (rechargeable).
3. Its working principle (internal chemical reaction process) is different.
4.18650 is a rechargeable battery. Most of the ordinary 5th batteries are disposable batteries, which can be charged little or not.
- Shocked! Once This Battery Technology Is Applie...
- Segway And Segway Battery
- Power Lithium Battery Will Become The Main Forc...
- Solar Lighting Lithium Ion Battery
- Off Grid Solar System Lifepo4 Battery System
- 48v ESS Lifepo4 Lithium-ion Battery Pack
- How Many Years Is The Lithium Battery Life Cycle?
- Lithium Battery Using Method
- How To Use Lithium Battery Safely?
- Lithium-ion Battery Introduction
- What Is The Capacity Of The 32650 Lithium Battery?
- Is The 32650 Lithium Battery Safe?
- Lifepo4 Battery Advantages And Characteristics
- How Lifepo4 Battery Works
- Advantages And Disadvantages Of 18650 Lithium B...
- What Are The Constituent Materials Of The 18650...
- What Are The Lithium Battery Charge Management ...
- Analysis Of The Life Of Ternary Lithium Battery
- 18650 Lithium Battery, Polymer Lithium Battery:...
- Cycle Life And Safety Of Lithium-ion Batteries